PRO Club is much more than just the world's largest health club. Our immaculate facility is home to sports specific courts, state-of-the-art pools and exercise rooms, restaurants and resort-style spa. Of course, at the heart of it all is our incredible staff. Professional and positive, each person is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service. Apply today to join our award winning team!
Responsible for teaching group and private swim lessons to children and adults. Adherence to PRO’s core values and mission statement is expected and is critical to the success of the PRO Sports Club Aquatics department. Required to maintain a ratio of group lessons: private lessons based off total hours worked as a swim instructor (private lessons & group lessons). Greater than 50% of their total earnings each month must come from commissioned activities including private lessons & group lessons.
- Operate under the principles outlined by PRO BEST at all times
- Provide World Class customer service while performing assigned duties
- Evaluate and instruct students participating in group and private swim lessons to develop water safety and swimming skills consistent with principles outlined in PRO Sports Club Aquatics Cast Manual
- Prepare class environment daily (lesson plans, equipment, teaching aids, general safety)
- Develops bonds with students through consistent attendance and clear expectations.
- Clean and store equipment and teaching aids at the end of each shift
- Maintain order and discipline in classes to ensure safety and promote a learning environment
- Submit appropriate documentation to Aquatics Management in a timely manner – specifically private lesson availability schedules, change of schedule requests, etc.
- Confirm all private swim lessons taught at the end of each shift
- Attend staff trainings and meetings as assigned
- Demonstrate skills required for class content, utilizing teaching aids (kick boards, diving rings, etc)
- Effectively manage time, beginning and ending class on time
- Recognize hazardous situations and contain area until help arrives
- Comply with all safety standards
- Evaluates and records all students' progress and distributes progress reports to each student at the end of each group lesson session
- Maintains a constant communication pipeline with the Aquatic Management team as related to assigned duties
- Maintains appropriate communication with members / clients to ensure World Class follow up, scheduling, and ownership.
- Enforce rules, policies and procedures
- Responsible for the safety of all people who enter the Aquatics area while on duty
- Other duties as assigned by management
What we offer:
-Full Time: Paid Time Off
-Full Time: Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
-Full Time: Wellness Program
-Paid Sick Leave
-401(K) with a company match
-Free club membership to all three facilities (two for full time)
-Discounted merchandise, group fitness class, personal training, spa products & services, and much more
-Reward program for excellent customer service
-Opportunities to win trips to Disney World and Disneyland
-Continuing education reimbursement (stipulations apply)
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard Certification required
- Current Red Cross CPR Certification required
- Current Red Cross First Aid required
PRO Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug and Nicotine Free Business. Please visit our website at http://www.proclub.jobs to apply.
Revision Date: 7/10/2017